blogbuster

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Malaysia, my country.

I'm born in Malaysia, I've been living in this country for 21 yrs. 
Still remember I was answering an essay question " A beautiful place " during my high school time, the first place come across my mind is my country, Malaysia.

I'm always proud to be Malaysian.
What make us a citizen of Malaysian? 
There are so many things that we would be proud that we're Malaysian except the politics in our country. 
There are many things only us, Malaysian can understand why are we proud to be Malaysian.

Malaysia is a multi-racial country, we have been living in peace together under the same shade for 58 years. We have Malay, Chinese, Indian and other races. This is the interesting part of Malaysia. Even though we have different skin colours, we have different mother tongue, we have different culture, we have different beliefs, but we are still MALAYSIAN. We celebrate all the special events together.

Malay celebrate Hari Raya, Chinese celebrate Chinese New Year, Indian celebrate Deepavali. Malay friends will invite us to their open house, chinese will do the same too, we will invite our friends no matter what races to our house, we gather together, my mum even gave angpau to my Malay friend when she's invited to my house during chinese new year. I have some chinese friends, they are in a relationship with indian, if we are racism, does it mean that we cannot friends with them anymore? Besides this, we celebrate christmas too! We have so many public holidays if you compare with other country, this is why our country are so special. & I strongly believe we should be proud of being a Malaysian.

Other than celebrating special days and holidays in Malaysia.. What more is special about Malaysia?
Of course, our Manglish. :) 
we can actually combine 3 different dialect in one sentence :
Neh, I want dabao Maggie Goreng and Teh Tarik! 
neh - Tamil // Dabao - mandarin // The tarik - Malay
Can you find this in any other country?
Moving on, "lah, leh, lor".. All these are only available in Malaysia hmm or maybe singapore lah.
: " Walao eh, I want to gostan my car why this car so no otak double park me!! "
: " Agak Agak, don't too over lor! "

Do you find it interesting? :)

Do you ever meet someone when you are having smth in mamak/ hawker?
Another interesting part being Malaysia is.. They will ask you some question when you're in mamak or yamcha..
like when they see you eating in mamak or hawker center : "Dah makan? " " lu chiak ba bui ? " "eh dey, you eating ah? " 

If friends ask me like this when i'm in mamak, normally i will answer them : " no lah, I'm singing here" lol

Besides our language, interesting part of Malaysia will be.. MALAYSIAN TIME! :)
If you ever attending any wedding dinner in Malaysia before, the invitation card write the dinner will be starting on 7PM SHARPLY.
Ok lah don't worry. In Malaysia, 7PM SHARPLY means 8pm. (;

If you and your friends have a date to have breakfast or something at 9am.
After 9am your friend still not there right, gimme them a call, their answer forever will be "ON THE WAY LIAO" // " REACHING SOON " // " TRAFFIC JAM AH PARKING LIAO "

All these makes us as MALAYSIAN!

How can we forget about our foods right?!
one thing makes us unique is our food! 
We have Nasi Lemak, Laksa, Roti Canai.. We go mamak to have Maggi Goreng, roti canai, teh tarik.
We will go to Pasar Ramadhan to buy foods! I remember there was once,housemate and I went to a Malay store for dinner, because I like the chicken n tomyam there. The food was with us around 7.15pm, and ngam ngam that period Malay friends are waiting for buka puasa.. What we do? We decided to wait until 7.30pm to buka puasa with them together. This is one amazing thing, because this is how we should respect each other culture. :)



We really have a beautiful country, we got no natural disaster, we have no earthquake ( but recently sabah only "kena" once la ) we got no thaiphoon like Taiwan.. We have a lot of resources, we have enough of water, we have enough of land, we have beautiful people in our country, we have everything we should have to achieve as an advanced country, first world country. 
I really do not want to see racism happen in this beautiful country. It's sad when i see some people commenting chinese are pendatang and smth not civilised, because we all are the same, we are Malaysian.. Thats what Satu Malaysia mean. 

we should respect each other, what Malaysian want is a country lead by a good leader that can lead us to achieve 2020, to become a first world country. This is what we should concern on, not melayu, cina or india.. We should united as one.

Do you know why am i writing such a long post? Plus its 16/9 today! Its a public holiday. We should go out together and celebrate Malaysia day yet I'm stuck at home because parents are worried that the red what rally will hurt us.. the ordinary citizen. I hope the same date of next year, we can have a peaceful 31/8, 16/9 celebrating all the meaningful event together no matter what races we are!

I love my country, Malaysia. 
xoxo

No comments: